Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sorry!


Ok so please don't hate me but I think I have to go to North Carolina this weekend now. My cousin's baby is turning 1, and originally only my sister was going to go and my mom was all nah we're not going to that but now all of a sudden she's changed her mind and is adamant to go. Of course this means that I have to accompany her because she can't drive that long on her own so the plan is to stop by my sister's in Maryland, pick her and her husband up and then continue onwards to NC. Also right now I feel really guilty saying no to my mom because my dad is in India for 3 months and she was telling me how bored she was last weekend and didn't know what to do with herself and I just kind of feel like a bad daughter leaving her on her own.

Unfortunately this also means that Im not free on a Saturday until the end of July unless my hiking plans for next weekend fall through (there is a big chance it might) but I will let you know.

This also brings me to my next news which is that I'm moving! So it all happened very suddenly I was playing around with the idea of moving for a while now and knew I didn't want to spend another winter commuting especially after the last horrid one, but wasn't taking any real steps towards it because I'm a lazy homebody. However luckily for me my friend at work (the one who's wedding I'm going to in the fall) told me that she had friends who lived in the Upper West Side, 3 girls one of which is moving to Philly in August and has a year left on her lease. So I went to check out the place and met 1 of the 2 girls I'd be living with (they all went to Rutgers too but a year ahead of us) and liked both so just kind of decided to go for it. The lease is till next July so its not so long that it's a huge commitment and I really liked the area (83 and Amsterdam, 2 aves away from central park), and the apt ( only downside is that its a walk up but hey good excercise, and besides the room is a decent size and has high ceilings so that's a plus). It also has a roof which I'm really excited about. I don't know if Ive ever told you of my love for balconies and rooftops and generally any sort of outdoor space which has a high view. In any case, the girl who is moving out is leaving in Aug. Im scared to commit to a date to move in since again I'll be leaving my mom alone and then I'm going to India for 2 weeks in Sept, and possibly (hopefully) somewhere with you for a week but I really didnt wanna let a good place go and I figured I can just slowly move in since Ill need to buy a bed and stuff anyways.

So thats my scary and exciting news.

You are so right uploading photos on Facebook is a nightmare and I hate doing it but I love sharing photos of my vacations with my friends and it just seems like the most central place to do it. I do get what youre saying about the strangers thing though. I think thats what Im kind of getting at with my blog. And hey you never know, they might love how cute your niece is (just think of the popularity of Jen's blog..they were all strangers once!)

Do let me know what your Danish and Swedish friends say. And also what your mom and sister say. Clearly by my conundrum above you can see that I also have little say with what goes on in my family in terms of timelines and plans. In any case for travelling I'm also open to do the 3rd of 4th week of Aug if that works out better for you, I would just want us to book it by the end of July so we're not waiting till super last min.

I'm almost done with We were liars so thats exciting. It's gotten really good I expect to be done within the next day or two. I love being at this point in the book when it's gotten really good but I still have a bit to go because then I know my commute will be way more enjoyable for the next couple days and that's an awesome feeling. I also finished Orange is the New Black so Netflix has lost its charm for me.

Sorry again about this weekend, I will let you know if anything changes but the next free weekend I have in the last one in July ( I'm terrible I know I apologize) so if youre free then as well I would love to have that plan set and not change it. And if you happen to be in the city at any other point do let me know and we can always get dinner.




No comments:

Post a Comment