Sunday, July 6, 2014

I'm watching Hugh Jackman on tv right now and his mustache is out of this world

Just had to share that. Anyways...I tried really hard to write this the last couple nights but alas I could not. North Carolina was fun though, a couple of my other cousins had come in from different parts of the country so it was nice having that relaxed family time and catch up with everyone. It was also really interesting seeing my cousin's kids because I was thinking about how little they are and how they would be when they grew up, then I was thinking about how it must be for my aunt's and uncles who have seen me grow up. Because for me I saw a lot of them when I was little (when I used to live in India) and then kind of jumped to seeing them when I was already grown up. So it's not like I remember the times I saw them a lot when I was little but for them they do remember me when I was a baby and stuff.

Its interesting your take on the Waitbutwhy post because I never really interpreted it that way. You're right it is a bit depressing, especially since it's practically human nature to do that (measure life by big events), and I find myself thinking about the future way more than I am living in the present. But I don't think the point of the post was to offer a viable solution. I think the point was more to spread awareness of what we do and why we shouldn't do it. I also don't know if there's any easy formula for present happiness, I think that's really more of a to each his/her own type of thing. Speaking of random days of spontaneously pleasant things happening, do you remember that day you were sitting outside of Brett and talking to your mom, then I came from my meeting and sat with you and then we somehow ended up playing catch with Ariana? I've always felt that was one of those days. And yes you should definitely check out the defining decade, especially if your New Years Resolution was to stop reading lists about your 20s, because I often find those lists to be useless. I always find them to be really vague and unhelpful, whereas this is way more specific and relatable.

I went to Hickory North Carolina, and there's like no restaurants there. It's also not near Asheville so they're really hard pressed when it comes to eating out. It's funny though just yesterday my mom and my sister were talking about Asheville and how there's a great indian restaurant there which is really random since we're in the south.

Yay for your live interview! Again, do not interpret any of this to be anti-london signs, it's all just a step along the way. This sounds really cool though, good luck! I don't know if I would say yay about the GMAT but hey its taking steps towards something and that's exciting. Also, the last thing I tried to study for was the CPA and that sucked the life out of me so much NOTHING could be worse. I don't remember if I'm good at taking standardized tests because it's been wayyyyy too long since I've taken one so we'll have to see what I do.

Maybe I should watch House of Lies for inspiration? Or study instead of watch TV? It's all a toss up as to what would help me more. I also feel like being a consultant for commercials definitely has to be a real job. Maybe someone higher up in advertising would get to do that. But yea it's just really frustrating how you can't just make a job that's right for you and decide you're going to do it and people would have to accept it. I guess you can do that if you start your own company. That'd be cool if you started a company for critiquing commercials and you were the first of it's kind.

About the moving out, I do think my family thinks of it as a big deal but I've talked about and prepared them on it so much that when I actually said I was moving out it was more lik oh it actually happened. I don't know if they ever saw it as a right of passage but it definitely also helps that my sister did this all before me so she kind of took a lot of the drama away. At least to me it is a big deal, especially because I'm a bit surprised that I was able to make this happen for myself. I do also think though that when I tell people (who don't live in NY) it sounds like a really big deal cuz its all like omg you're going to live in the city ,but to me since I have worked there for 2 years it seems like a natural step. I also think though that any big step you take should feel natural because it would've been something you've thought about and weighed your options on, and just something that was a long time coming. If something seems sudden and surprising even to you then clearly it's not as well thought out.

It's crazy to me how fast this summer is going by. Of course I don't feel that way during the week, but each time sunday rolls around I'm always like oh my goodness, its July! Hopefully I get to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment