Saturday, July 12, 2014

I just spent the last 20 min looking at JARS...

I understand every complicated feeling you feel about it now. On the one hand they are pretty and look like they would taste delicious. But on the other hand this is totally just a fad like the cupcake fad(probably will last her long enough to make her rich but eh). On the other other hand why is this a successful business?! All she did was put cake in a jar, anyone could do that!

Yea. I didnt like the page but I entertained the idea of it.

Ok now on to real things...

The harmonies thing sounds really cool, I guess it kind of goes along with the whole history repeats itself thing. But I agree that me starting my day with you and you ending your day with me is very harmonious, and I've always been a sucker for having set schedules and times to do things( I was one of those people who made schedules for myself during summer vacation, it included 1 hour of aimless thinking cuz I tend to do that), so this goes along well with that. Your pneumonic was great. I find myself trying to think of new and fun pneumonics during my spare time. Or at work.

So the interview has been making me very antsy but my recruiter called me yesterday ( I first missed her call and started freaking out but then managed to calm myself down enough to call her back) to tell me that she spoke to the hr rep from the company to get feedback and they had positive things to say but not like a final offer yet. So that's something I suppose? Gah I dont know it still makes me nervous thinking about it and it's not even so much that I won't get the job. I think I'm anxious that I will get it then I will have the decision to make and have to deal with change. Dealing with change is a scary thing.

It is very true what you said about the culture thing though. Like I really don't like what I do now but the reason I still get scared and hesitant when thinking about leaving is because of all the friends and great people I have at work.

It's always good to think about new things you can do and new avenues you have to change your own life. I think we are at the right age to do that too, not that I think we should stop doing it once we get older it but who knows. Life could get in the way.

I think regardless of what situation you end up there will be mixed benefits and drawbacks. It's more a question of deciding whether those drawbacks outweigh the benefits or vice versa. I talked to my wise friend at work yesterday when I was freaking about about my recruiter's phone call. I don't know why but it seemed vital that I kind of mentally prepare myself for what's to come even if nothing real has happened yet. So anyways, my friend asked me--assuming I get the job, what my main hesitations were about taking it and how strongly I felt about them on a scale of 1-10. At first I refused to think or speak logically but I think the more I went through the exercise the more I realized that my hesitations on this job would be my hesitations with any new opportunity. And that what I was really scared and freaked out about wasn't necessarily this new job but the change that comes with moving onto a new step in life in general.

So jealous you have a Dr.Tom but in a lot of ways I treat this blog this way so it works. I think one of the best things about Dr.Tom was his tough love. Sometimes you don't need hand holding but rather someone to push you to do things are right for you.

I loved your little shpeal on nicknames.I remember when I was in middle school I was dying for a nickname and no one ever gave me any. Then in high school I got a ton and it was cool but I never thought about them in such a deep way. I've also kind of felt the same way about tattoos. Like someone liked some word or image so much that they wanted to forever put it on their body. That's an intense kind of like to me.

(Play theme music)
TRIP TALK: So I saw your google docs and will try my best to update it a bit this weekend but if I'm being totally honest with myself I'm going to be doing most of this planning at work so I might also be sending you seperate emails with stuff. For now I started putting together a skeleton of an itinerary where we start in Copenhagen and end in Aarhus so I think we should first get the flights for to and from those places. The best time to buy flight tickets is tuesday afternoon so we should look early this week and if we like what we see book it or wait till next week and book it then.
I'm going to go to the library today and get the fordor's/lonely planet books out on Scandinavia so if I still have them in 2 weeks when I come to your house I will bring them, or you should see if you an get it too! I was telling one of my friends at work that I was going to do this and she was like, have you ever heard of the internet? But I feel there is way too much on the internet and its not there in a consolidated fashion so this should help.
The main thing we will need to watch out for is picking and choosing the things we want to do as these are cities where there is a lot to do and see so we can't overbook or burn ourselves out. Once I have a little bit more meat in my itinerary skeleton I will send it to you probably on Monday night.

You know it's funny I feel like a lot of things are happening right now and moving really fast when just a couple of months ago I was like doing nothing and wishing things would happen.  Like literally before June nothing was happening and I felt so lost and bored. So now it's very exciting that all these things are coming together but also a bit nerve wracking because I don't want to miss anything or forget to do something you know? Anyways, hope you had a great shabbos (my hiking plans fell through, go figure. But it turned out ok because I needed this day to catch up on life)!



No comments:

Post a Comment