Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Someday I'll say this again and it'll sound deep

So I'm not going to go in order today because we covered a lot in our call yesterday which was great especially for the mood I was in, because I left it feeling a lot calmer and happier.

Then I came home today ( in a relatively good mood) because I had been able to go to zumba and get home by a decent time and was glad I was early enough that I could help with the dishes and still go to bed by a decent time (my sleep log has not been looking good as of late), but then I got home and realized my mom had already done the dishes and wasn't speaking to me so that was awesome (sarcasm). I mean her not speaking to me isn't a brand new thing because I'm sure she's done it a bunch of times before when she's been upset at me and normally we just let things cool off for a day then go back to normal. I never realized this was a bad way to handle things until recently when I was telling my friend that if I ever get into a fight with my parents we just sleep on it then pretend like nothing ever happened the next day. I mean I guess it's not all bad because it's good that we let stupid things go ( and the things we normally fight about are stupid), but in times like this it seems like a really not good way to deal with things. So it made me really upset that she wasn't speaking to me but I didn't really know what to say so I just kind of let it be. I presumed she was still upset with what happened last night (not sure if I told you but initially when my mom told me the date of the event I was like no I cannot be here I told you already that I'm going away at that time. That made nobody happy(for obvious reasons), but I did think they would realize that this is normally how I respond to emotional situations (where my initial reaction is very unreasonable/stubborn/ at times makes no sense) but once Ive had a chance to cool down I come up with pretty good ways out of it(in this case we did).

But yea anyways I guess that made her mad enough to want to not speak to me for the whole day. This is after I already agreed to rearrange everything to accommodate this event. One small consolation was that I checked my family group text where my sister had asked my mom something and she responded in a equally cynical way (she said you can do whatever you want) so at least its not just me. But then again my sister doesnt have to live with her so eh. I am sure all will be fine with time but right now it sucks.

To cheer myself up I started watching bad youtube videos and then realized writing here would be a much better use of my time so here we are.

I have to agree that a lot of times its better having friends in various places and things rather than having a group. I've never really been a group person, maybe because I just can't handle the company of more than 2 people at one time. I really like giving the people Im with my attention and I dont think its possible for me to do that with more than 2 people. I'm glad the whole non group thing is more acceptable now because at time in college it was a struggle (which is why I sometimes fell into groups where I did not ness feel at place..ahem). But now it makes things better because I can get dinner or do other fun things with people one on one. And since theyre all in different interesting places it always makes for good conversation.

I also agree with you that first impression don't always tell everything ( wow that was such a duh sentence). Anyways, I also have friends where I didn't immediately see the depth of the connection we could have but once I did it was awesome. I'm pretty sure when I met you I thought the only think we would have in common was wanting to give our fridge a name (remember Andy?), and we all know how that turned out.

Can I just say its ridiculous how much I think about the mammoth article? Like its really defined how I think about certain things which I guess was his intention so thats pretty awesome. But seriously stupid mammoth.

TRIP TALK:

Ok so we talked a bunch yesterday but we didn't cover everything here so lets see:
- the more I think about it the more I want to do the sailing thing. Im going to make our new and hopefully final itinerary tomm so yay
-In terms of hostel would you definitely want to stay in a 2 person room or would you be open to staying in an all girl room with other people as well? One of my friends did that in Spain and because she traveled on an off season most of the rooms she said ended up just being the 2 of them anyways. Obviously we are not going on an off season but I wanted to check to see how you felt. I am ok with either.
- In terms of packing I feel we will make a list closer to the time of when we leave (which is kind of a month away so thats scary and exciting!)
-i like the sleeve! Also a lot of the hostels I was looking at have lockers so that would be good for your camera as well.
  -Im not sure if I missed anything but I looked at the flight you sent and Im thinking maybe we should just take the plunge and book the 2 one way tickets

The Ninth of the month of Av sounds scary and I really hope nothing scary happens that day. Reading about the crazy things happening over there is surreal for me so I can only imagine how scary it is for you.

I don't think this post was very light-hearted but then again I never really promised light-heartedness so ha! Anyways, really looking forward to seeing you next week (hopefully my mom doesnt hate me by then)!

No comments:

Post a Comment