Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I definitely love the idea of our lives being parallel

So I'm going to go backwards as well because I just got home from my interview (it was all the way downtown in fidi and ended at 8 so I had to take the subway to port auth then catch the 9 bus home which was really annoying) and ate dinner and this just seemed like the naturally most urgent thing I had to do. This morning when I woke up I was actually wondering whether you had posted but my facebook fooled me by not giving me a notification so I though you hadn't and couldn't read this until i got to work, which was fine but I do also like starting my day with this (for you know the 1 week we've been doing it).

Anyways, important stuff now I think my interview went well but I hesitate to say that at the same time because you know I don't actually know if it went well yet or not. I always felt the same whenever people would ask me right after taking a test how I thought I did and I would never want to say how I felt because who really know what will happen in the future! I met with 4 people, 1 of which was kind of scary and 1 of which was southern and nice. The other 1 had a british accent and is hazy in my mind and the last one was my director. Meeting with my director was awesome because it wasnt really an interview more just a candid conversation. He talked mostly and told me the story of why he came and told me Barclays was a depressing place and that he much preferred working for this company so that was something. He also seemed to like me so thats a good sign but he did say that all the people have to vote for me to be able to get an offer so thats a bit scary. Anyways it will be what it will be. I have to say though that I never really get super antsy about jobs like I used to about tests. My sister said it was the opposite for her which baffles my mind because for a test you know you could have studied more or paid more attention in class but for an interview it really just comes down to whether they like you enough to think you can do the job or not. And I've always firmly believed that whatever is meant to happen will happen and if a certain job is not meant to be in my life then I won't get it and that's that so I think the whole job thing has never been super scary for me which is good.

In any case, for trip purposes I think we can go ahead with our plans like normal and if it ends up being a hurdle we will see to it when we get there but no use spoiling our present by banking on the future.

It's funny when you wrote welcome to 5am it reminded me of my sister because my sister works for a company called 5am solutions. I am glad you wrote to me before you found out. I'm not sure how you're feeling about the whole job thing but like I said before I genuinely believe that what is meant to happen will happen and this if anything is a great sign for london. Every no you get leads you one step closer to a yes.

Thank you for everything you wrote about my grandpa's email. I have to say it was a slight leap of faith for me to include it just because it was so personal to me and I was just being too protective of it, but I wanted to share it because I just wanted someone else to see how amazing it was. But your response on it was perfect I even got a little teary when I read it (sitting at work on my desk..yea.)
My family members do not call me Moni they call me Monisha. Which means he was probably the only person in my family to ever call me that which is interesting. I didn't even think of that until you mentioned it. When Sid and I first started talking he told me he would call me Moni because Monisha sounded too serious for me. It got blended in with a slew of other nicknames along the way but yea thought I would share and see what you thought about that.
My grandpa was a ticket collector on the train. I remember being really little and feeling like a celebrity every time I went with him on a train (after he retired) because all the other ticket collectors knew him and would say hi.

I totally get the displaced-ness. To be honest I would say I felt way more displaced in April and May than I do now but I think thats just how it goes. Sometimes the best you can do is just wait and focus on bettering your present.

I never read The Face on the Milk Carton but I did watch the abc family movie on it and never knew that it was also a book. Its funny though I still remember a lot of the movie and find myself thinking back to it just because it was so creepy and cool.

I'm glad you liked the WaitButWhy I honestly feel like everyone needs to read that post and internalize it. He does have long posts but at least he has some pictures along the way. It's funny he has a post about procrastination and he talks about how long it takes him to write his posts.

And omg I keep meaning to tell you how I've suddenly become obsessed with the World Cup and feel like an imposter because I normally hate sports.But you are right! Who cares! I can watch football if I want to and I can call it football or futbol if I want to because it makes me happy. To be honest even I myself am amazed how into it I am but I guess all that will end in a couple days after the final is over.Who have I become.

Ok TRIP TALK (you ever feel like this is a seprate segment of our posts like the news update in SNL or something? You say we aren't that cool and shouldn't compare our blog to SNL? PISH POSH)

OK for REAL TRIP TALK: I think last week in Aug is fine it will nice to have the extra day of labor day too. I think you should tell your friend we are planning that week so she doesnt make any other plans or leave for France again. So glad you love the 3 country plan! I like packed trips and seeing many different places (again as long as its well planned) so this should be exciting! I may go and get out a book on Scandanavia from the library this week although to be completely honest I read a lot of things about places I know and none of them makes any sense to me. Its like if someone who knew nothing about NYC came to NYC and decided to do all the touristy things when in reality there might be way more non-touristy things that they would've enjoyed way better you know? I suppose its all a chance you take but it never hurts to do the research. I did mean July 26th by the way. Hopefully by then we have a somewhat plan set and can start looking at flights? I just dont want to delay too much and end up spending way more than we have to. I need to figure out some google doc type thing I can also access at work so I can show you the links I look at.

Yea the politics thing happened gradually over time and I have the Skimm to thank for a lot of it. But I try and keep up and be a generally good caring citizen. I cant say I have strong opinions on anything still but at least now I know what I don't have opinions on.

So I started to read The Goldfinch a while ago and couldnt get through it but hopefully you will be able to. That copy is monstrous. It looks like it wants to eat you. I'm reading Sue Monk Kidd's new book which I can't seem to remember the name of right now but its alright. Lets hope I can finish this one.

Matilda looks awesome! I really want to see it too. That does seem like an awful lot of stress for the tickets but at least you were actually able to get them and see the show! This woman in my gym class was saying how she has a blog where she critiques bway shows (apparently she's seen all of them) and is trying to get popular enough that they ask her to be on some committee on broadway or something ( I was eavesdropping on someone else's conversation. sue me.) But anyways its crazy how all people need to do to get famous these days is write a blog. It seems too simple.

It's silly I just wrote every detail in my life in here when I'm going to be seeing you tomorrow and yet it feels like I still have so much to say. But I guess that's when you know you're talking to someone good because you never run out of things to say.



No comments:

Post a Comment