Thursday, July 3, 2014

It's like your my Dr.Tom

I really miss Being Erica. It was such a unique show and Ive never really found anything like it. I always find myself telling people about it and them not taking me seriously enough to actually start watching the show and it's sad because they just dont know the life lessons they're missing. I always think to myself I need to go rewatch all the episodes. Maybe Ill do it at some point.

So I ended up doing the trip because I know my mom really wanted to do it so I was like lets just go and take our chances and we did and now Im in maryland. It actually ended up being ok because it only rained for like 5 min of the drive and the rest was fine. So tomm we are making the drive to north carolina so lots of driving this weekend.

I love the Hannahbear anecdote youre so right you just dont take enough time to appreciate these thigns. Also I just noticed that when I type really fast I dont use any apostrophes so please let me know if that bothers you because I will start using them.

I hope the confusion gets figured out, let me know what ends up being decided. I was thinking if I really wanna do my MBA I should probably take my GMAT this fall so August would be a great time for a trip since I may not get time to travel after that until December. And thats just sad.

It's interesting that you thought my family stuff was interesting because even as I was writing it I was thinking that I never really talk about this stuff. I think its possible I randomly decided to talk about it since I generally have less of a filter when Im doing things virtually, not that I ever really have much of a filter with you but I also think that I always separate my life and do this thing where I only talk about my family with my family and only talk about my friends with my friends. Youre right this is very different from how much you talk about things ( not that I ever found it to be non-stop whining I always appreciated hearing it maybe the humorous take worked?) and I always found it so interesting how much you tell your mom about things because I rarely ever talk to my mom about my friends or anything outside of our home life.

I read The Chosen in school so I guess its not that random since I didn't pick it up on my own. You can read it but I dont remember it being life altering. I keep thinking back to We Were Liars and I feel like there were a lot of things I missed in the beginning of the book since I wasnt expecting the twist. Like even the aunt talking about Johnny thing didnt register with me until you mentioned it because while I was reading it, it was just another weird thing along with a lot of other weird things. I would read it again but now I know the twist so its just not as fun. Also, the fire was such a big twist for me that when I found out they were dead I was already in shock so it wasnt as much of a new shock if that makes any sense? It definitely made me feel really sad though I can say that much. I agree about the whole memory thing too like the whole time when she kept mentioning the gas can or the black pearls I never thought about what it could mean because I thought they were just random memories she had from the summer. But when its put together with the big picture it was pretty crazy. Should I read Sharp Objects? I remember I started reading Dark Places and it was a little too messed up for me so i stopped. I really really liked Gone Girl though, I think I generally like books with twists. Who doesnt.

About what you said about the power of TV to make something look cool, thats how I feel about jail after marathoning Orange in the new black. But jail is not glamorous or fun. I really want some of that chocolate milk it sounds amazing.

Its unfortunate that crawling under a table and cradling yourself isnt socially acceptable, I can see how it would help you calm down. I also laughed out loud when I read that sentence. And its very trye what you said about facebook. I don't know if I mentioned it to you before but theres this book called the Defining Decade. Its written by a psycologist who specialized in treating 20-somethings and wrote a book on patterns she found people our age facing when dealing with the issues in our lives. Its very insightful, and while I do think it's more targeted towards people who think of their 20s as throwaway years and we're pretty on track theres still a lot in it that puts things in good perspective. One those things is how Facebook is one of the downfalls of our generation because while it's great that we can see that so and so has a JARS business or that so and so has a cool new job, we inevitably end up comparing ourselves to those people and feeling like failures. And this makes no sense because not only are we in a different space in our lives but also because people don't post their life crises on facebook( well some do but thats a different story). Like people aren't really posting the whole picture theyre just posting the big moments which completely changes the way we view them. The fact is that if we were to post our big moments then our lives would look amazing too but those who know everything that goes on in our lives it looks completely different.

I used to say that to Jen too about her blog. Like how when I would read it I would think oh shes so cool with her great outfits and awesome weekend plans but then I'd be like wait I actually know her life and its not perfect at all. Anyways its a cool book and you should read it. This also reminds me of a blog I read called waitbutwhy, which has awesome posts on a lot of random things but one of my favorite ones is called Life is a Picture but you're in a pixel, and it talks about how people always think oh if I just get that promotion I'll be so much happier or oh if I can just get a great partner I'll be happier but ultimately life isn't just those big moments but rather everything that happens in between. Anyways its a great post and they do it way more justice so I will let you check it out. Heres the link:

http://waitbutwhy.com/2013/11/life-is-picture-but-you-live-in-pixel.html


The job Im looking at is management consulting (in strategy). You basically get paid to have an opinion which I think is awesome because I have lots of them. Its also going into companies and making them better which i think could be cool. It would really help if I can talk to somebody who is currently doing this job but I dont really know anybody so I need to work on that. And its funny you should mention the celebrity thing because just yesterday someone was telling me that John Legend used to work for the Boston Consulting Group ( a management consulting company) but then he quit because he wanted to sing. Well isnt life peachy for him.

You know its weird I keep telling members of my family that Im going to move and theyre just not as shocked or surprised as I thought they would be.Maybe its also because I prepped them for it before hand and I kept talking about it but still it would be nice. Just because I feel like its an accomplishment and I surprised myself.

Anyways its funny that I found the need to write in this even thought Im travelling like I brought my laptop on this trip for the sole reason of writing. Hope you have a good shabbos/july 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment