Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Norwegian Recycling

TRIP TALK:

So the comment about the norwegian recycling made me laugh and also then think that it was a great idea. I've been meaning to see if he has any new stuff out in any case. Ok so WOOHOOO we are booked! It's funny we ended up booking the same flight we were tracking for a week but Im glad it didn't sell out and we were able to make it out to be a 1000. I forwarded the itinerary to my parents and my dad was like I thought 700 was an excellent price for 2 people until I realized it was only way.
So now we aren't just definitely coming home we are also definitely going there. I hope my life makes a little bit more sense by then but eh who knows Im kind of also enjoying life not making sense at the moment (more on that later in the post).

I love the whole two awesome jet-setters making our way. This trip is so very different from my trip last year because its not a tour and everything isn't planned for me. That is probably also why I'm a little bit more stressed about it ( in a good way) because I want to make sure we cover all our bases. That and like I said before my mom pretty much just trained me to be this way, because she always planned everything out and because of that we had minimal setbacks during our vacations so that was nice. I think if there is one thing I learned from last year's trip though is that some things you just can't control and have to go with it. Last time it was getting sick, it was awful but hey I still made it (which reminds me we should pack some vitamin c and medicine just in case otherwise know how to say tylenol in norwegian). Ditto for the weather thing.You feel like we keep only talking about the Norway part of our trip and not the Denmark part? I feel like Denmark feels left out.

I may be overwhelming on Sunday but I think we will figure out a style that works best for us and it will be great. Should I still come and have lunch or just eat at home then come? I think also with the fjords and everything we will probably need some time to just kind of stare anyways. I may not be making any sense for which I apologize, I thought about waiting till tomorrow to write this but I figured eh Im here might as well.

I think I may have some adapters lying around but if not we can always get off amazon. When you said transformers I thought you were making a joke but I think there is actually something that changes the voltage on certain things. I don't think we will need it since phones usually work in both, but if we plan on carrying other appliances we may need it.

I am definitely not opposed to the Airbnb thing, im all about having new experiences on this trip so as long as we are safe I am down! We can look more into that on Sunday.

I'm glad you enjoyed my story about the shower, I was thinking that its a little silly to write the whole thing down but I wanted to tell you so I did. They did not make a hat but they did make a bouquet out of all the ribbons so that was nice ( I was amazed by that as well). I totally see where you're coming from with the idea of a wedding sounding unappealing. I'm not sure I feel quite so strongly about it but at the end of the day I was telling my friend how stressed out I would get if it was my shower because I would feel personally responsible that everyone had a good time.  Also the shower for me would be completely optional since thats more of an american thing, but I had fun so I would want others to as well.

In other news I had an interview today. I had an inkling that I may not want this job but for some reason I decided to go on the interview anyways (i mean its still good practice i guess) and going on it solidified that I didnt want the job so that was good. The role itself I knew I wouldnt like and the people were kind of negative because they kept bad mouthing the systems they worked with. That and I asked one of the guys "Where do you see this team in 5 years?" and he went "Nonexistent" so that was a new one. I could write a book on this stuff.

I have another one tomorrow which is for the company that made me write 4 essays when I first went in (did I tell you about this?). Originally my second round for them was cancelled because they already filled the roles but apparently something opened up so they called my recruiter again and asked for me so thats good I guess? I'm not sure, I'm going into it with an open mind and we will see what happens.

To add to all this chaos, I had a meeting at work today with my two VP's who told me that they would like to me to move into a different part of my team since the projects Im working on are on hold. This is great because 1. I will actually have work to do now and 2. Ill get to learn something new and get a new experience and basically get to have a whole new job in my current job.

So with all this Im kind of just going with the flow and seeing what happens. I still haven't heard a final yes or no for the job I interviewed for with my director. According to my recruiter they liked me but they don't know if they have the right role for me since I still don't have that much experience which is a valid point.

It will be interesting to see how all of this ends up but for now I'm just kind of enjoying the ride (what am I not enjoying is the subway rides downtown for interviews. Why is downtown so far?)

Ok and with that I bid you an Owen Wilson.

No comments:

Post a Comment