Friday, July 25, 2014

Denmark can come too!

Good Owen Wilson! I planned to post yesterday but I ended up going to this networking event in Union Square. It was absurdly crowded and probably pointless since it was mostly young jobseekers like myself. But I guess you never know when those connections might turn into something helpful. Anyway, I kept myself there even after a friend of mine left because I had already gone to the trouble of going and paying the cover so I might as well make the most, and I ended up staying until about 9:30 and then chatting with another friend on the street for another 15 minutes. So it was useful in that sense and good to see people.

I went to get back on the R which was supposedly coming in 2 minutes. Only it hadn't come 25 minutes later. So I gave up and decided on the 6 to the E. Except when I got to 53rd and Lex, the E was closed off. No Es at this station tonight. Now none of the FastTrack signs said anything about the E and the R and the guy in the station was saying I should go to the R, which I knew wasn't going to happen. So I went back and waited for the 6 again and took it to 59th and walked to 63rd where there is an F. Except the F wasn't running either. It was so crazy I didn't know what to do and it was already 11 at this point. I think there was a way I could've taken the Q part way and then transferred but considering no one knew what was going on, I didn't want to get stuck in the middle of nowhere. So I took a cab back down to Penn and took the train. I got home around 12:30. It was nuts.

So naturally, I was pretty exhausted and didn't post.

nah nah nah nah nah TRIP TALK:

It's true we've been talking a lot about Norway. I think there a few reasons for this. 1. It's happening first. 2. Mette will be with us at least part of the time in Denmark, so even though we should still do our own research on what we want to do I guess, I've still kind of had this feeling like it's taken care of. 3. Norway was your suggestion in the first place and I had never really thought about it before so a. I wanted to make sure we got to as much of what you'd have wanted to do as possible and b. I had to do research to learn more about it and what's good to visit there.

But I've looked into Denmark a little more and there's actually a whole Visit Aarhus website. And there's this museum there with a giant rainbow hallway on the roof which looks awesome. (also in that link: the pronunciation of Aarhus) I wonder if that's what Mette meant when she said she would take us to their museum. I was reading about all the different areas too. I keep forgetting it's a fairly major city with it's own separate identity. I love getting into the mindset of thinking of these places as where people live and thrive and even where they move to as young adults out of college. Getting to see how people live in other places is one of my favorite thing about traveling. It's a large part of the reason why I really want to LIVE somewhere else for a while rather than just visit and see the tourist sights, but seeing the sights is essential too!

I found an adapter laying around and there are probably more around here too though they're for Israel so I don't know how useful they will be now that I think of it. But yeah, something like the rice cooker I was think might have a voltage issue. I have no idea, but I was just thinking that. I'm glad you're into the Airbnb idea. I think it'll be a cool experience. Weirdly, my mom has never heard of it. I just feel like they are so present on talk shows and news and the internet.

Sounds like you had one hell of an interview. It's good that at least you were able to really rule it out. Sometimes when I think a job is not what I want, a voice in my head says "Yeah but you're just saying that because you don't want to deal with budgets or managerial work blah blah" and somehow it makes sense when the voice says it. But now that I type it, it actually seems like a legitimate reason to not take a job. Like no, I don't necessarily want a full time coordinator job, and at this point I guess I can be a little picky. I'm lucky to be in that position so why not take advantage. Anyway, back to you.

It's super weird that that guy said "nonexistant." That's a good question by the way. I 'll probably steal that and adapt it to TV. You did not tell me about these essays (I don't think?) but that sounds crazy. The fact that they called you back must feel good though since it was just "Oh we'll be in touch." They really must see promise in you. How did it go?

Congrats on your VPs giving you more responsibilities! Did you start that yet? It's still a confusing time in life, but at least it's confusing because there are a lot of good things in your orbit. I feel similarly since I'm in the middle of two job searches, trip planning, and a potential future apartment search. Having all that on the brain can be tiring, but it's all in the name of adventure and progress. Got to go help out my mother and try to get my room cleaned up a bit for you. See you Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment