Monday, July 21, 2014

I've always liked Owen Wilson

So I wanted to write this during the weekend but it kind of went by way too fast and before I knew it was monday. So that sucked. But I went to my first ever bridal shower this weekend and it was really fun! It was for the wedding Im going to in October (for my friend Sophia from work), and one of my other friends from work slept over my house as the shower was in NJ.  It was really funny because since it was my first shower I kept being amazed by everything like the bridesmaids did this thing where they got the bride a bottle of wine for the couple's each big moment during their first year (wedding night, first fight, first christmas, first anniversary etc.) and I was like wow thats so creative and just all around impressed whereas everyone else was lik...this happens at all the bridal showers.

It was also just an insane amount of food. I filled up on appetizers not realizing they were appetizers and then they brought out the entree and I was dumbfounded. So yea it was basically a whole lot of being amazed. It was also interesting to see because this is a mixed wedding (the bride is indian and the groom is italian/catholic) and some of the traditions are already so different. Like you would think that wouldn't really happen at the bridal shower since its not like there are as many traditions as in the wedding but one funny-ish thing that happened was with the cake. Indian people have this weird tradition where whenever we cut a cake (like at birthdays/anniversaries/weddings), we proceed to feed our close family members a small piece. To indian people this is completely normal and even borderline compulsory but obviously to everyone else its just weird. So when the bride cut the cake she gave a small piece to her mom, and her mom was insisting she do the same with her mother-in-law, while the mother-in-law was just like umm..im good thanks. So yea that was interesting.

My tense situation at home is finally better. I had a long and emotional talk with my mom. I wont go into details now since Im going to be seeing you this week in any case but basically I just need to learn to be a better communicator and tell my mom more things about my life so she isnt shocked when I tell her certain things. This wasn't really the conclusion I thought our talk would reach but Im glad we brought this out in the open so at least I can work on it. I don't think I'm a particularly great communicator with anybody. I definitely prefer writing to talking in that sense because Im just better at expressing myself this way, but again its all me so I think with time things will be good.

It's funny you mentioned the fight with the jelly because I think about that all the time in like a very different kind of way. To me it was kind of an example of how great we were at living with each other because even when those little personality quirks came up we were able to get past them with no resentment or issues. Also it was pretty much the only problem we had ever so we were definitely lucky in that sense.

Wait what pinecones? My normally stellar memory is seriously failing me. I vaguely recall something about a perfectly shaped pine cone, again this might just be me knowing that you appreciate perfectly shaped things (like that 7).

It is kind of absurd how taxing errands can be. Like seriously sometimes I think I get most exhausted on the days where all I do is run errands. Speaking of I have a lot of those to actually run like buying a bed and whatnot.

--cue theme music--

TRIP TALK: I have to say this segment has lost a little of its juice since we keep communicating about the trip in so many different ways, but I do feel good that we're gonna get the tickets tomm. It's about time we had this thing locked in. I totally get what you mean about feeling like you are in control of your life, Im not sure if I feel that way yet but it definitely does make me feel really independent. I dont think we need to bring combo locks but it doesn't take too much space so why not.

I think this is what we should do while at your house (I think im just going to come on Sunday because that will be most efficient for booking things):
1. Book our hostels
2. Book our trains if possible
3. Book overnight ferry if we are doing it
4. Make a list of things to pack (like sheets for hostels, unfortunately the hot plate is with my dad in India but I have a rice cooker I can bring which we can use to make ramen, oatmeal, rice, soup, and probably pasta but we would need sauce)
5. Make a detailed itinerary ( I think we can fill in with things like attractions/food places to try during the week)
6. If we need advance tickets for any attractions we should buy them
7. Try to see if we can specify our food preferences on our flights

Thats all I can think of for now but we will be in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment