Monday, June 30, 2014

YES to this weekend!

YAY! So exciting. My mom made some mention of potentially having company for Saturday lunch or having people over in the afternoon, but that shouldn't affect you either way. Also, more than likely it won't end up happening. If it does though, you'll get to meet people from the neighborhood. Let me know the details (As always if you stay Saturday night we can do something. Not sure if there is anything July 5th-y going on, but I could find out. Of course, any amount of hours is good, so no pressure.)

Thank you for liking all of my photos. It's been years I think since I uploaded photos to Facebook. It's incredible how the software isn't any better. It still froze a million times during the upload. To be fair, the file sizes are large but still. Anyway do you ever feel like it's more fun to post things to strangers (i.e. blog) than to Facebook friends? It seems weird to presume that people I barely talk to care where I've been or how cute my niece is. As opposed to posting them for anyone to find if they decide to be interested. I guess they are kind of the same, but they feel different somehow.

I'm sorry to hear about India not being amazing for the entire time. Were there record heats or something or was it just your perception of it? I'm sure being sick couldn't have helped. I was a little sick toward the end of St. Louis too and it's finally going away I think (though it's turned from a cold into a permanent headache- I'll let you know if it interferes with the weekend, but I think (hope) it'll be fine.) I'm glad to hear it was worth it in the end though. And at least you got some time away. It's nice coming back and feeling like you've been away. I find it's much worse when it feels like I slip back into life and nothing has changed at all. June really did fly by though, which is scary and depressing. Time is an interesting thing, as always.

I will message my Danish and Swedish friends tomorrow and see their thoughts on what would be a plausible one-week vacation. My mom and sister are trying to book a trip for them to come in for August, so I'm waiting to see what those dates will be. My sister wanted to come the first week in August, but my mom wants it to be later and no matter how many times I chime in with what is convenient for me, I don't think anyone cares. So yeah. Hopefully that'll be resolved this week.

No judgment on the Netflix thing, I understand. But do let me know when you finish We Were Liars. It's a pretty quick one. I also want you to read Red Rising- I read a blurb on it recently that reminded me some of the things I liked about it, and now I want to discuss it.

Excited to see you! have a good night (or morning?)

No comments:

Post a Comment