Saturday, June 28, 2014

This has been on my mind all week

So the moment I saw this I meant to respond to it but something came up and then I was going to respond the next day but my laptop was out of battery and the charger was all the way downstairs and that obstacle has kept me from responding this long. I am ashamed.

St.Louis sounds like fun! Hannahbear is the cutest I especially love the picture of her in the plane and the one of her staring into a wall ( I dont know why I love this but I do. Love is a complicated thing). It also really makes me excited for when I have a niece or nephew of my own although my sister seems to be in no rush.

India was good, it was really really hot. Like pretty much the hottest Ive ever been in my life and I feel I have been hot at many points in my life. It's weird how every time I go to India I have a completely different experience, like even though Im staying at the same place, visiting the same people, and more or less doing the same things its still like each trip is very unique and has a flavor all its own. Unfortunately this trip wasnt my favorite. I feel really bad and guilty saying that because I went all that way to surprise my grandma ( and she was really happy I came so it was definitely worth going), but something was just off. Like the weather was too hot and I couldn't eat anything and then I got sick which made everything worse. But being there that last day for my grandma's birthday function and seeing my whole family just together made it all worth it (sounds like the ending to a cheesy movie I know). The weirdest part is that when I went a whole month for my sister's wedding it was June too so it shouldve been the same weather but that time I barely noticed.

Anyways, it was still nice to have a break from everyday life and it definitely made the whole month of June fly by because the week before I left I was all frazzled for my trip and this past week that Ive been back Ive just been in a daze. Like even though I was only gone for a week I felt like Ive been gone for a month and everything seemed brand new to me. Even the songs on my playlist that  I was tired of listening to a week ago felt like those good old songs I used to love back in the day.

So I was looking into Scandinavia and I am soo on board it look amazing! I just think Norway, Sweden and Denmark might be a little bit ambitious because there is a ton to see in Norway alone. If we are doing Norway I would definitely want to see a couple cities and hike a fjord or two so I think that alone would take a week but if we are doing Sweden and Denmark that might be doable. Im not really sure as Im not really any expert on any of this so probably best to ask someone who knows or read a Fodor's book or something. Either way it looks beyond amazing and I hope it works out! I remember you telling me about your Sweden friend ( well you didnt tell me she was a Swede but you did tell me you guys had lots of random stuff in common like napping on the couch).

Thank you for the ebooks! Im currently reading we were liars and will slowly make my way through the rest of them although I have to confess ever since I figured out I can watch netflix on my phone during my commute home Ive kind of put a halt on reading (again I am ashamed), but eventually I will back into it...you know like when the signal is bad.

Also Im still not doing anything for July 4th weekend so if youre free as well I can come on Saturday! If not no pressure we still have time.

Miss you!

-Monisha


No comments:

Post a Comment