Wednesday, November 12, 2014

You go Glen Coco--that poor man.

I really enjoy the pictures, please keep them coming.

I just wrote 8 thank you emails for the interview I had yesterday (they had me meet with 8 people, some 1 on 1, some 2 on 1..AND one of the guys was like "Well you're really early in the interview process so..." I had to fight my scoff back. So yes I may still be in formal mode so if anything I say sounds a bit too formal I kindly request that you read it in an english accent while picturing me in a long coat, a top hat and of course a monocle.

So yes besides that interview yesterday, which hopefully I will hear back whether there is another round/ whether I made it to the next round..Im still waiting to hear back from the job at the company Im at. While I know I should continue applying for things in the meanwhile and not just bank on these two thats really hard and it seems like suddenly all the jobs I would want to apply to have disappeared. So theres that.

Side note, something amusing/weird that happened in my interview:. One of the interviewers asked me how I got there today( meaning if I went through a recruiter, etc.) and I was like I actually just applied online and got a call and he was like amazed (rightfully so, applying online for a job in finance is pretty much the same thing as throwing your resume into a black hole and hoping for the best).

To be completely honest I don't really remember what I had left to say in my last post. I just know that I was in the middle of posting when suddenly my mom came home and demanded that we leave to go somewhere right away so I had to leave out a thought.

I completely agree about approaching problems/conflicts in a better/more constructive way because we're able to write it down here. Its kind of like when you sound overly negative you catch yourself because writing things is always more of process then just thinking them or even saying them. This is also kind of why Ive always liked chatting/emailing/blogging. Because as a default you always have to think about the things you say before you say them a little bit more. Not to mention  you often have less of a filter because its a lot easier saying things when you dont have the pressure of the other person right there.

I think a lot of the things I was telling you are things I also need to often remind myself of. Because while I do want to stay positive and truly believe there is something out there for me...rejections can seriously wear you down. Do you remember how I had an internship after freshman year where I had to go to local businesses around Rutgers and sell advertising? I don't even really think I talked about it often so totally cool if you have no clue what Im talking about but anyways while that job was seriously terrible it really did get me used to being rejected. And also showed me somehow the most obscure of tries will end up being something good. Unfortunately though, these aren't lessons you learn once and know for the rest of your life.They are lessons we have to learn over and over again to truly believe them.

That really is a shame about your camera, but youre right in that sometimes reacting to certain people about things can make us blow them out of proportion. And its pretty much a default that talking to our parents makes us revert back into our childhood selves and forget that we have developed the skills to live in this world like adults (well sort of).

I'm sorry to hear about your sister, I can't imagine how stressful that must have been but they were definitely very lucky to have you there at that time. It's also kind of nuts how things that are such big things for you and your family would be like no big deal for doctors. But that is the world of medicine I guess.

I think it always helps to hear that things that are hard for you are actually hard for everyone else to. Maybe its a misery loves company thing or maybe its just feeling like you really are trying your best with your busy schedule, just like everyone else and thats ok.

It is nice that I can have the city and have the calm of new jersey. I do feel though that Im not taking full advantage of the city yet. Maybe that's a FOMO (fear of missing out) kind of feeling or maybe its feeling like Im not doing enough (something I always feel). I think Im also getting to the point where while yes moving was a big change, now..more or less life is starting to look much the same as it did before. This reminds me of the blog post on WaitButWhy (not sure I already sent to you) that's called Your life is a picture but you live in a pixel. Its long like all of their blog posts are but long story short the point is that while big changes like moving or changing jobs or getting into relationships might seem like they significantly change your life, really after a certain point you kind of get back to square 1 with the way youre feeling and how happy you are. This is ofcourse not to say that Im unhappy with the way Im feeling, but I think Im starting to realize (I swear I re-realize this like every month) that I need to actively do things that make me happy on a daily basis and I cant just give up on them because I expect other things to take the place of them. Like ever since I moved I really dont take the time to read anymore, or since I got busy at work I dont read half as many interesting articles/blogs as I used to. So while yes, having actual work and having no commute are great things..there is a trade-off and its really up to me to make time for those things I liked doing that naturally fit in my schedule before.

So that was my epiphany. I also need to plan another trip. That was my second epiphany.

I have faith that you will start that blog. I think its better to wait until youre fully for it because that just increases your chances that you will be diligent about it. I like Snarky Explorer. It fits.

No comments:

Post a Comment