Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I'm going to write back right away.

I was thinking that so I thought that should be the title.

Woo hoo for new beginnings ( I was going to say endings but this sounds better). I totally get you on getting all nostalgic when you're about to leave somewhere. I was thinking how I'd be all sad when its time for me to leave even though I desperately do want to move on. I actually read a great quote about this that captures this so well, I dont recall the exact words but it's something like when you're about to leave something you suddenly start missing everything, the people, the space, everything and it's not really about those specific things at all but really the thing that youre really leaving behind is the kind of person you were at this time and place. Like during this episode of youre life you were Jenna who worked for Chopped, and thats what you're really leaving behind.

So totally didnt mean to make you even more nostalgic with that but thought I would share.

Definitely make your time valuable! In an attempt to make more sense of my life and find happiness I have made a spreadsheet of every day this summer and have been filling it up with plans/goals, etc. I think the type A in me really kind of gets excited when I see all my plans written out like that. That and I know Im doing something and it forces me to take a good look at the days in the summer and try to make the most of them. So yes, make lists and goals and do all of them because in the end no matter how many things go wrong, for things like jobs or london we only need one thing to go right and we're set.

Eleanor & Park was great. I couldnt put it down once I started and its been a while since Iv found a book like that.  You're definitely right that its beauty was in its simplicity which is so rare to find in today's day and age. The quote from the book I loved was "She never looked nice. She looked like art and art wasn't supposed to look nice. It was supposed to make you feel something."

I am becoming a big softie. That or I have my moments.

My job search is going. I've definitely calmed down in that while Im still trying and applying I'm starting to accept that there is only so much I can control and do and the rest is playing the waiting game. When I am meant to move onto that next chapter it will happen ( as long as Im making every effort to make it happen thats the best I can hope for). I have a phone screen for something on thursday so hopefully that goes well!

The spec script is amazing, it's more my friend writing it to be honest, shes really great at the execution part. I'm helping out more on the ideation part, I can come up with funny scenarios and ideas but I never really know how to carry them through. If you do decide to write one I highly recommend plotbot.com

In other news Im also attempting to start a blog to document all things I find awesome so when I do get in a slump I have something to look back on to assure myself that my life has meaning. I started it like a day ago so its nothing yet but its http://monishashivakumar.wordpress.com/ in case you are interested =). (Yes im cheating on blogspot with wordpress, I can't help it blogspot is blocked on my work computer).

Keep me posted and have a great time in St.Louis! I hope we can find a weekend soon to catch up ( I can come over a random sat in June/July if you'll have me!) I miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment