Tuesday, May 27, 2014

I've had a post-it called "BOWL" on my computer for a week...

Buuuut I kept forgetting anyway. Greetings from the other side!!! Of employment that is. I finished up at Chopped last Friday. It was really weird and sad. My desk was in this corner that was kind of my space for 15 months and it felt strange just emptying it out. Also growing up I always got really sad whenever school ended, even in the years where I didn't even like school. And even though it did drag on and was boring at times, Chopped was a really good experience and I had a great time there for a while, so it makes sense that it was sad to leave.

Moving on, I am determined to make this time off valuable. I have doctor appointments up the wazoo (sp?) this week and next, and already have some plans, but my downtime will be London time. I'm going to make sure that by the time July rolls around, if nothing with London has happened, I at least know I really REALLY tried. And so far so good. I applied to 4 jobs today in addition to a multitude of errands and doctors, so yay! It feels good to be putting in effort.

I also booked a trip to St. Louis for a week (June 18th to 24th) which is so exciting. Every time Hannahbear sees me on video chat she yells "It's Jenna!!!"

How good was Eleanor & Park?? You teared up a few times?? You're becoming a softee! Or a sensi! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDyHD3LoiPQ In any case I completely agree that its beauty was in its simplicity. What quote was in it that is one of your favorites? Your next assignment is a book called We Were Liars. It will take you no time at all to read. Advice: Don't read the reviews. It's the kind of book that's better the less you know about it.

How is your job search going? Anything come along? How is the spec script? Sounds like fun! I should do that one of these days.

I want your help with something. I'd like to start a blog (Again? Okay, okay...) The idea originally came from the idea of keeping a blog going if/when I go to London. Then I expanded to wondering if having it going now would help with the search. Like the Lego intern girl (In case you never saw it). So I need help with names and ideas and all that :) Current leader that I'm not 100% sure about:
- SnarkyGirl (In London, Goes to London, London...)

Other thoughts that I'm not crazy about:
- Liberty in London
- Millenial in London
- Twentysomething in London
- CurlyGirl London

I feel like I need something broader since it's pre-london and in case london doesn't come through and I want to keep it going. I also like the idea of SnarkyGirl or Curly girl because it's makes for easy branding. Ie, I am SnarkyGirl, my Twitter handle will be something like that, I can work it into the voice of my blog etc.

So yeah let me know your thoughts and write back soon! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment