Friday, May 16, 2014

I pretty much only believe you

I definitely get what you mean about the whole picking up where you left off with no effort at all thing. This one quote I like goes like, the best friends can grow up without growing apart and I really think that's true. It kind of makes you realize you were in sync with all along and who was just kind of there because they fit in well with your schedule and life. I remember reading this one article when I was 13 about "fair-weather friends" aka friends who are there when everything is ok and you just kind of need someone to talk to about how you don't want to go to the gym or how you really should not have had that extra cookie last night but when it comes to sharing real stuff it just kind of feels off. I think I know now to tell the difference and also to accept that you kind of need those kind of people in your life too because if I randomly started texting people I haven't talked to in weeks about cookies they may not get it. Also, we were roommates so I feel like that automatically makes us better than just friends because we've had to put up with each other through way more than just normal friends would.

So happy to hear you're leaving CHOPPED (Im tempted to write CHOPT but I know thats the salad place and not your show, or is it?). I know you've wanted to for a while now and its clear you were getting horrendously underpaid so good for you. Also exciting to hear you have plans that will prevent you from going back because we always need that extra assurance to prevent us from falling back into the things we know and are comfortable with even if deep down we know its not good for us.

I've been keeping a steady stream of applying and networking and emailing recruiters every week so I hope at some point all this comes back to me and things happen. I guess the funny thing is regardless of how many you do or how many people you reach out to, you really just need one to work out but that one has to be great all around because otherwise whats the point. I guess it's like that in a lot of things though, you're always just looking for the one.

I finished reading Eleanor and Park, I must be having an emotional week because it made me tear up at quite a few parts but I really did like it a lot even though ( or maybe because) it was such a simple story. I was also happy to see that one of my favorite quotes was from the book which made me think that I should go back and read the book again to see what other awesome quotes I could find from it.

Anyways keep me posted on your progress! I'm helping one of my friends write a sample script for the Mindy Project right now and its really fun! Shes mostly doing the writing with me pitching scenarios and ideas but it made me realize how not hard a lot of things are if only you started doing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment