Monday, December 29, 2014

I like this lists thing

Its like having an agenda and i like that. Here is mine:

1. Vision Board/Goals
2.TRIP TALK
3. Shabbat weekend
4. Work
5. Things I need to comment on
6. Your sister

So Im really into this goals thing because Ive been hearing from a lot of diff sources recently that when you write down and visualize your goals you are that much more likely to achieve them. So I figure this will kind of be a way for me to incept myself into achieving the things I want to achieve. I had actually contemplated doing this a year ago but my goals then were a lot less concrete and maybe I was just more confused with life in general..its hard to say. Either way Im really excited about this now and am generally excited for this new year to start. If you are seriously thinking about the bucket list thing though I have to send you this list of bucket list websites which is great. Maybe I should use one of those to have a virtual vision board...but Im still going to make an actual one so Im forced to see it.

This is what Im going to have on it as of now:
1. Go to Peru
2. Run a 10K
3. Live in the present/enjoy the current moment
4. Volunteer/give back/ pay it forward
5. Write more (possibly everyday)
6. Find a new job

Also if we go to Peru then you can learn Spanish because we will def need to use it there. Also the program I was looking at it you volunteer in the morning and then have the afternoon to yourself and can take optional spanish lessons (which is included in the program). So this is a nice segue onto my next point

TRIP TALK (play theme song): So I know you asked a lot of questions which is why I suggested the skype session because I feel it will be best for me to answer them through that then answer them here and then have you have even more questions, etc. Before we skype though I will send you the link to the program which goes over the cost, details, etc. and also the reviews of the program on an external site. I did a good amount of research on this during the summer so I really just have to dig that up so I can send to you. The program I saw was in Cusco which is nice because a lot of the Peru itineraries suggest spending the most time there anyways and you do get free time even on the days you volunteer to look around.

I get your stress about the Germany/Austria/ 2 weeks things but I do want to say that for this trip our biggest cost by far will be the flight since things in Peru are fairly inexpensive especially compared to Europe. So for me it kind of just makes sense to extend my stay since Im paying so much for a flight anyways (totally cool if you dont feel the same). Again Im flexible so say you only want to do a week we could work it out so we sightsee together for a week and then I can volunteer for the remaining week. We can talk more about the possibilites on skype.

Shabbat weekend: So a new dilemma. Since my parents like to make plans for me and then tell me at the last minute it seems there is a chance I may be going to Maryland the second weekend in January since that is the first weekend my sister is back from her trip. We havent talked to her so we dont know for sure if she is free/wants us to come. Sigh.  So this is me saying if there are other plans you were thinking of making, please make them but if not I will let you know once I know for sure. This is very annoying for me because I planned this with you so far in advance and was really looking forward to it but theres really nothing for me to say when my mom goes "But don't you want to see your sister..its been a month!" In any case if you are working next week and can get dinner at any point please let me know because its been far too long since ive seen you. Im free every day except for thursday.

Work: Im so happy to hear your new job is going well. I like to think that whatever my next job is I will be happy simply because Im so miserable here so it seems like the same held true for you too. Its definitely great that you have more stable hours and I really think its so cool you get to learn about a whole new subject area! I have a couple of friends who work in fashion ( I realize this is vague and its probably a big field and all) but if you really are looking for some perspective or anything really let me know and Id be happy to connect.  I definitely get what youre saying about the stopping worrying about what youre missing and just lean into the present thing. I often wonder about that. I think overall its best to trust your instincts and go with your gut. But just like that article you sent me (Im pretty sure you sent it to me -- about the girl who couch surfed and wondered whether she was doing the wrong thing looking at her friends with stable jobs?) Im pretty sure regardless of what we are doing its natural at this stage in our lives to have doubts and just well not know what is right. Its like you always have this fear that youre just wasting away and not getting anything right but ultimately maybe we would feel the same way regardless of what we were doing.

Its nice you get to spend time with your sister and niece but I definitely get what youre saying about not wanting to play Suzy homemaker and how its frustrating that your dad isnt helping out. Yes no one asks to be sick but you seem to be assuming this role pretty often and I get that thats not always fun (or fun at any point in time). Are they feeling better now?

So I know I said I wanted to address the moving out discussion but I think that would also be something better done in person or via Skype just because I think thats more of a conversation.
Hopefully talk to you on Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment