Sunday, December 14, 2014

Well maybe if youre lucky there will be leftovers for you

So Im finally spending a full weekend in the city. I think I really need to get over the feeling that I have to be on while Im here and I can relax when I get home (I mean its tough since being home is so relaxing).

You never have to feel pressured to respond to every single thing I say in a post. I think a lot of the time (for me anyways) writing in here feels like a release on its own so even if you dont respond to it I still feel better for having said it. Kind of like you know someone is there to listen to you. And listening doesnt always involve responding you know?

I dont know if I mentioned this already in a previous post but remember when we were in Scandanavia and I had this superpower of being able to fall asleep anywhere/anytime? I really really wish that was something I had all the time in life. I dont know what it was about nor/den. Maybe the air or the water or just us tiring ourselves out but I slept so well in those countries. And I always just feel more alive when Ive had a lot of sleep. Ive really been struggling with going back and forth between by apartment and home because each time I switch locations the first night its so hard for me to fall asleep. I wonder if its just some sort of mental stigma and I can somehow hypnotize myself into not being impacted by the location. Must look into this.

I've been all about vitamins lately. My friend Patricia was telling me about how important Omega 3's are since most diets contain an abundance of Omega 6's but hardly any Omega 3's. And 3's are the ones that are very important for your brain. Most people take fish oil to get thier 3's but as I was afraid of fishy aftertaste I got this vegan substitute and have taken it for 1 day so far. That one day I did feel like more on/focused but instead of being focused at work I had this sudden energy to go and read all these interesting articles and comment on them (evidence can be found at curiouscatalog.com). So yea it was kind of like when you have to study and you find this energy to suddenly clean your room. That was me at work on friday.

Congrads on your new job! Very exciting. Its great to have a modicum of optimism about work, im really looking forward to having that at some point in the future. Ive actually heard of DVF because I went to this workshop Saks was hosting on dressing for work and the personal shopper there went on and on about having a classic DVF wrap dress. Its great that its also in a completely different subject/area rather than cooking of housewives.

The job stuff is frustrating as usual but Ive decided to stop letting it get in the way of living my life. So I really am trying to plan my Peru trip but also not because it slightly terrifies me. Also my horoscope for december said that after the 20th of this month a lot of new developments will arise and while it might seem silly that after almost a year of job searching disappointments I would choose to believe my horoscope, this to me is hope and I will take hope wherever I can get it.

I get the big picture stressed about life thing since thats pretty much my daily existence as well. Its easy to forget that everyone in our stage of life is right there with you even though they may seem like they have their lives so completely together. That is usually what gets to me the most.
And trust me I definitely get the stress about moving out. I sometimes wonder if it would have been easier for us if we just moved out straight out of school instead of waiting to do it. Maybe it wouldn't have seemed like as big of a deal back then. But either way thats of little help to us now. I do think though that the longer we wait the harder it will be because it just makes you that much more comfortable in your situation.
I have to admit every time I go home I appreciate it so much more now. I want to talk to my parents, I want to do all the great homey things I cant do in the city. But ultimately (and really this depends on the day) Im starting to realize how lucky I am to have this time in my life in the city. Not many people even have this option/opportunity. But you are so right in what you said that knowing something is right for you and accepting it/acting on it are two different things. In times and situations like that you really just have to keep moving and trust your gut and know that ultimately everything will be just fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment