Friday, December 26, 2014

Satisfaction!

That was such a satisfying post. Maybe because I could feel it coming, maybe because it was long and interesting..not really sure why but after reading that I just felt like I could get out of bed and start my day (which I am clearly doing by posting in here first).

So I will get to other parts of your post later because I really did enjoy all of it and have something to say about all of it but first I wanted to talk about PERU. So yea I dont really know why I do this but instead of just coming out and asking questions like Do you have any interest to go to Peru with me, I make vague statements to try and incept you into thinking you want to go to Peru with me. In a way it kind of worked. But in any case yes ofcourse I would LOVE if you would come to Peru with me especially because I did not plan/even talk about this with anyone else. I was actually contemplating doing a solo trip to Peru but this has been terrifying me mainly because Ive never been to South America and dont know the language so it would be a lot all at once. But anyways back to the point, lets see if I can break this down:

1. Dates -- originally I wanted to go in January but now thats out of the question since thats like next week. So looking at your work dates it seems like it would make sense to do end of Feb/beginning of march. One of my sister's baby showers (she needs 2 because 1 is religious and 1 is social) is Feb 22nd so I need to be here for that so we can either leave on the monday after (but that seems eh to me since why waste a weekend) or do the next sunday which is March 1st (I realize this conflicts with Purim so I will give you another option as well but just wanted to let you know that this is my most favorable one because my sisters second baby shower is March 22 and I need to be back by that Friday which I guess we would be anyways cuz of Shabbos but I expect that experience to be tiring so would rather not get into it right after a trip but if thats the best best option then I could be persuaded to consider it. So in summary, the dates I would prefer are from March 1- 13.  This brings me to my next point which is...
2. Length of trip: I suggested 2 weeks before but really for Peru we only need about a week . My initial plan with Peru was to go a volunteer there for a week (there are a few options to choose from I was going to do teaching english at a school or volunteering at an orphanage) and then sightsee for the other week. With volunteering its a program you sign up for and they provide room and board and you volunteer (I can try to find the link if you are interested but no pressure). So if you are interested we could work that out OR we can do something where we sightsee for a week then I could stay back and volunteer for the second week. So yes no pressure with this at all but I did want to let you know this was my original thinking with Peru but really at this point I feel like as far as this trip is considered I just really want it to HAPPEN just because Ive been talking about it for so long and well its about time.

So let me know what you think about all of that and then we can see if we should bring back the TRIP TALK section of Bowl ( I vote yes). Either way I need to have this trip be in the first quarter of 2015. Why you ask? I dont really know but I just know that I do.

Its funny just last night I was thinking to myself that I should make a vision board for 2015 since Im always talking about these things I want to do but I dont and I let life get in the way and before I know it the right window of time has passed and I still havent done it. So to stop that from happening and to constantly remind myself of these things I wanted to have a visual representation. The things I have to include on it so far are: Peru, to write more, to volunteer more, to run a 10K, tell my parents about Sid, and to be more kind (pay it forward). Its just interesting (and awesome) that you would write about Peru so soon after I even thought to have this board...its like its already working!

I realize I may getting way too excited and ahead of myself so if I am freaking you out please tell me to stop and I will, promise.

Your whole story about getting Chinese food on Christmas was pretty funny I must say. Especially since this year more than ever I was thinking about the presence of Christmas in American society...like its SO much. I mean yea people say its the holiday season and all but really what they mean is Christmas. Whats weird is that this never really occurred to me before because I always liked how festive everything was and just kind of went with it. But I recently read this article (which I wont share because honestly it wasnt written very well at all but it did make me think so I will give it some credit) listing all the things people who did celebrate Christmas took for granted, like how they will never be criticized for publicly observing their holiday, or how their religious holidays are almost always company holidays or how its kind of the expected thing that most people would join in on celebrating their holiday because it pretty much defines society for a month. Normally I wouldnt even think about these things and for a long time my family celebrated Christmas too because hey its a chance to put up a pretty tree and give each other gifts so who doesnt like that? And to be honest I probably will continue to celebrate it in some form or another in the future as well because after all its just another excuse to celebrate and make merry and those things are just fun.  But I guess this was really the first time I even considered those things that are taken for granted by such a large chunk of society. Like this one girl at work was asking me what I was going to do for Christmas and I told her my family doesnt really celebrate anymore and she was like..oh well thats lame. Im sorry do I call you lame for not celebrating Diwali? I feel like Im sounding a bit self-righteous here which is not my intention its just more like seeing a different perspective you know?

My sister is doing well thank you for asking. She can't really feel many movements yet but she said she started to feel like there was something there..which is good I suppose.She's having a girl! It was all kind of a shock to us because for some reason people kept telling her shes going to have a boy so we all kind of just started to believe it. And then when they found out it was a girl we were like..well this is new. Not that Im still not incredibly excited. Its funny I totally understand your sentiments about Hannahbear even before my niece is born because I already find myself thinking things like...I really I hope I get to see the baby ever month.So yes it is very nice that you get to see them as often as you do especially since you get to have them for such a long chunk of time. Even when my sister leaves after a weekend the house tends to feel empty so I can only imagine how that must feel with Hannah leaving as well.

Also side note my sister and brother in law are in New Zealand right now and it looks amazing so it would be really great to win that trip.  Not sure if I already told you but my brother in law's sister lives in Australia with her husband/2 kids so they are vacationing with them. Apparently there are fjords in NZ too...Im still partial to the ones in Norway since in my mind those belong to us but this looks cool too:




It was really nice hearing about your Great Aunt I would love to see that picture because in my mind I just pictured the Great Gatsby and Im sure there are some differences between that and real life. My cousin is in town so we were going through our old photo albums recently too, always a fun thing to do. 

I am still planning on coming in Jan! I have the weekend booked as well. Im contemplating between driving and coming from the city. While driving would probably take less time it would require me coming home first and then driving so not quite sure what to do there. Thoughts? 

Since this post is very long already I think I will wait to address the moving out discussion. For now I will say though on my part..it does indeed get easier with time (go figure) and I find the more time I spend in my apt at the city the more time I want to spend there so thats great as well. It still stresses me out to think what I will do come July when I have to move but I will handle that then and for now focus on the present (that should go on my vision board as well now that I think about it). 

An (almost) happy new year to you! Which makes me realize I never told you I wont be able to join you for New Years (even though it does sound really cool and when I told Sid about it he was like I'll go in your place). Sid has been off work for almost 3 weeks now so I havent seen him in a while so we are just going to use that night to catch up and have a NYE on the Upper West. Its crazy that I normally always want plans for NYE and never have them and the one year I am asked by 4 diff people I dont want to leave my apt. Isnt that always how it goes though? Yea I dont know either. In any case hopefully I hear from you soon! Enjoy your time with your sister and Hannahbear!


No comments:

Post a Comment