Sunday, January 25, 2015

Holy crap, it's been almost a month

I had no idea it's been that long. I think it's because we've been texting a lot more, and I think we even video chatted and had dinner during that month, so the good news is that we are out of touch because we are in touch! ... Makes sense in my head.

Thanks again for letting me crash the other night. I'm really starting to thinking I'm underestimating the importance of convenient location. Maybe I shouldn't be putting money ahead of that in my priorities. Or maybe it's a good thing that I am? Because even being able to go to the heights at that hour the other night would have been closer, but it would have involved traveling to that neighborhood late at night. On the one hand, I survived New Brunswick, which wasn't always the safest place at night. On the other hand, I spent four years in New Brunswick! I'm kind of over it.

You should send me your bucket list websites, even though my first instinct is to be anxious an wonder "what if I change my mind about these things??" THESE ARE NOT PERMANENT DECISIONS JENNA! It should be said that I am REALLY, truly, trying to get that into my head, but it's taking it's sweet time getting there.

I have to say I feel relieved about Peru. I think you're right. It just wasn't the right time. It's an amazing feeling to be right about something like that, you know. And technically, you were the one to actually do something about it, but I like the idea of calling out something that just doesn't feel right and doing something to change it. It's not such a big deal in this case, because in the end, if we'd gone through with it, we'd have still had an amazing time in Peru I'm sure. But it's a good lesson for life, and I try to pick those up where I can these days.

My brain is in a similar place in terms of "panic mode" lately. Not knowing what I'm doing, what I should be doing, if I should change my direction and how to be sure of a new direction. Do you feel any better having decided to take the GMAT class? It seems like a solid decision and a definite way to move toward a path. It seems like the kind of thing that would make you feel a little better. I keep thinking about blogging, because it pervades every news feed of every social media application. How are there so many people who are doing this? I mean it's a lot of work with a full time job, right?

Here are my two thoughts on the matter in no particular order.
1. I could do it if I wanted. I could put in the effort and make a blog that would eventually see a profit if I really want to. I think you just need to put the time and energy in if you really want to make it successful. But what if I put in this investment and decide in a year that I am so damn sick of following social media and being plugged in every second? I know, I know. This is not a permanent decision. But I stand by the fact that changing careers now is one of the last chances I'll have to get it right in a timely fashion. Two years from now starting a new career at the bottom just does NOT sound fun. And this is is the thought hanging over my head with every career option I consider.
2. We should start a blog together. Half the work, twice the fun! It could be like this, where we are writing to each other about our travels and stuff in New York and 20something crises. Minus the personal stuff. I know it's still a lot of work, but wouldn't it be more fun/more accountability with someone else? And it would help you write more!
3. Do you think blogging takes away from your ability to enjoy and live in the moment. Not that I particularly do that anyway, but I feel like if you're always worried about how experiences translate into content, that could become a problem.

Just thoughts, not even an actual proposal. I felt like bowl would be a good way to get my mind straight after feeling like my weekend was disappearing without any productivity. Alas, I think that would probably require a bowl response.

Let me know about that birthday shabbos!!! Or any Shabbos that you want to come (Sabrina will be here the 21st, but other than that...) Also, we should find a time to go to Sacred Chow.

No comments:

Post a Comment