Friday, June 3, 2011

Well Ello There!

It was indeed my post and I had forgotten. My sincere and deepest apologies. I'm feeling a very british mood tonight ( perhaps its inspired by my GPS Richard who converses with me in a british accent) but I humbly request that you read this post to yourself as if I were talking in a british accent( mayhaps even a southern one who knows).

So yes we are indeed working girls again although I can hardly say my work has started. I've only gone for two days and already its a completely different experience that it was last year. For one thing I know a lot of people already since a good amount of people are from Rutgers. And also I'm still in confrence mode since I pretty much just got back from Western Illinois ( that was the acronym National Association of College and University Residence Halls or NACURH, yes we do love our acronyms in RHA. hah.) and so Im pretty comfortable just talking and meeting new people which is always a good thing. We have just been training so far so I don;t actually know which of the interns will be in my office but Iv met a few already who are so thats good. There are a total of 4 offices, 3 in the city and 1 in Jersery city and about 200something interns so thats a lot.

The first day of training was pretty short and was in the midtown office (it was really windy on that day and I saw a woman get crushed under one of those umbrella tables right outside times square it was scary), and today's was in the jersey city office which turns out is not all bad because I might actually have a shorter commute ( about 40 min) and the location is gorgeous cuz its right next to the water and you can see the city skyline. I might actually have to go into the city quite a bit for events and whatnot in the evening time (funny thing is all their social events have mandatory attendance not that I mind) so its looking to be a fun summer.

I know what you mean about feeling cooler wearing the straight skirt. Theres something about straight lines thats just more edgy. I need to go shopping for business clothes too. I think i can get away with how I dressed last year but I wanna look more put together anyways just cuz I do. Thats so cool about the NC thing maybe youll get to go on a trip! Wouldnt that be cool and fun and interesting? I bet it would.

Illinois is really the middle of nowhere but the confrence was super fun and i found out how to take pics on my iphone and put them on fbk right away and tag them which explains all my pics because you know i dont carry around a camera no matter where I go. Gotta love technology.

Well that was long hope I didnt bore you too much but lots more to catch up on we should have a skype date or a phone call soon! I miss you! Have fun being the ultra hip intern who runs around the city and does cool things while wearing straight skirts. It would also be nice to see you before our planned weekend in july so let me know if your schedule allows for something.


<3

2 comments:

  1. ALSO. Iv been watching SYTYCD and the girl who is trained by like all those top 20 ppl i think her name is china is def gonna make top 20 and that other girl who Nigel was like if for any reason you dont make it to top 20 i will hunt you down whos the studio art major did such an amazing contemp dance. I really wish they would show more ballroom people though. K thats all

    ReplyDelete
  2. also we should start that intern blog.

    ReplyDelete