Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Karma Karma Karma Chameleon

It's funny, because right before (or possibly a couple of days) it was on So You Think You Can Dance, I sang Ain't no Sunshine in a VYou response. So when I saw it on the show I was like WHAT. It was cool. But still, not a Ryan fan. I would've like her performance with a little more subtlety, but you already knew that because YOU FOLLOW MY BLOG. I officially put it in my bio section for VYou yesterday. Exciting.

So I was at internship number 2 yesterday, but I had to go run home to a podiatrist appointment. I don't know if I told you this, but my toe has a death wish. It's the second toe on my left foot. I stubbed probably two and a half three months ago, and I'm sure it hurt at the time, as such things do, but I guess it didn't really seem especially painful. Following that, there were some times that it hurt- not crazy, just noticeable. And it caused me to say "huh... my toes hurts... weird." At one point (since this was still at school) Tali suggested it might be an ingrown toenail. But it was pretty minor and I forgot about it. I remembered again when it starting hurting at home but then forgot again because we went to St. Louis.

A little while after that the pain got a tiny bit worse. Still not what I would call bad, but it went from barely noticeable ache, to recognizable pain I guess. So my mom made me go to the podiatrist. My regular one wasn't there, so I saw the other guy, who told me there was a small fracture, to which my reaction was "really? Huh... I can't believe there's actually something wrong with it." So I went on wrapping it in clingy stuff as instructed for about a week and a half. On the day of the Israeli Day Parade I walked a lot in sneakers, which the doctor had told me to wear (I spent the other days in sandals, obvs, but for the walking I thought doctors orders would probably a good idea).

The next morning I woke up at about 6:30 am in pain. Actual pain this time, which gave me a sneaking suspicion that it was not doing its part healing. I called the doctor and went in for an appointment that day. This time I got to see the right guy. He said there was (I'll bleep out the details for grossness reasons) ------ that was caused by walking in the sneakers and made my toe worse. He cleaned the ---------- and I bandaged and soaked the toe twice a day for a week.

The next week I came back and learned that the -------- was really cause by a -------- under the ----------. Part of the --------- came off and he took some off and said now it would heal. Then I went again last night. Did I mention I wait an hour every time I go? It was still not healing properly so he gave the toe Novocaine shots and took off the rest of the -----------. Now it's super gauzed and it hurts a lot when I walk/move it. Needless to say it's frustrating.

And that's why I couldn't do dinner. Don't think I can do Wed. either because I end at 3 and it might be ridiculous to stick around. But we'll see. Next monday, shock, I have another podiatrist appointment. However, after next week I think I'm going to switch my workdays so I'm in the city Monday and Tuesday and in NJ Wednesday and Thursday. I'll be in NB but maybe we can hang out on Wednesday nights anyway. Plus it'll be after THE WEDDING so I'll be able to breathe do stuff again. Hope to see you or maybe just gchat or skype soon!

<3 J

No comments:

Post a Comment