Thursday, June 2, 2011

Technically, it's your post

We're both working girls once more! I'm only working Tuesdays and Thursdays right now, but it looks like I might have another internship in the works blogging for this Rutgers related company (MoxieToday). Pretty sure I told you about this. The commute to the city is pretty much as long as last years, but the plus is not having to deal with it every day so yay! I get a 10$ stipend every day so that covers it too.

So far, what I'm doing is basically whatever anyone in the office needs me for. I like it; it's a nice place with a casual environment. T-shirt and a jean skirt. I need to get nicer casual clothes though because I can't keep wearing the same two skirts. I'm sure I'll get more comfortable and branch into flowy soon, but I feel somehow "cooler" and more put together in a straight skirt. We shall see. Maybe dresses are in my future who knows.

There isn't a lot to do this week they say because a lot of people are "in North Carolina on a shoot" which is really damn cool. I'm trying to balance showing initiative with annoyingly asking "Is there anything I can do?" too many times. Where is the line between useful, motivated intern and needy annoying intern? Last summer, I prided myself on being told that I had finished quickly when I id something and today I got my first one of those, so I'm patting myself on the back for that. It's strange because I'm slow, I procrastinate, and I lack focus most of the time, but here I am getting things done QUICKLY even though I feel like it's taking me forever. It makes me wonder about other people- particularly other interns.

And you? How was your first day? How was training or whatever weird acronym NACHASDHERGJPFOGJPSDFOGK I keep seeing on facebook. You certainly have a lot of pictures up!

<3 J

No comments:

Post a Comment