Sunday, September 26, 2010

Unpacking: More fun than homework?

It feels like there is a negative correlation between the amount of homework you have and the amount you actually want to do it. That's what it's like for me anyway. The work I have is so overwhelming that I've been putting it off. Mostly it's the stuff for my 8:10 am tomorrow that's psyching me, which is swell because I just got the following email from the professor:

Here's a strong hint---bring your stylebooks tomorrow because it's the
perfect day for a quiz....don't forget that the handout is due tomorrow.

Thanks.

The "Thanks" was actually a part of the email, but it also echoes my sarcastic response to the matter.  So I panicked and continued unpacking. I brought back all of the things that I had left at home until now and put them all (okay most of them) away. I also reorganized one of my 'under-the-bed' bins. It still looks messy, but I now know everything in it and where it is, right down to the stupid, useless piece of blue lace in the back left corner that I just can't throw out because "What if I need it?" I hate my pack-rat tendencies sometimes. Other times they're kind of nice, like when I actually need something I've saved and do know vaguely where it is. *Note to self. Remember where lace is...*

So the bottom line is that I feel a lot more settled now, which is something that is really necessary in my life. Sure the holidays aren't over yet. Sure this week is another two and a half day week. Sure I have more work than I know what to do with and it's going to get worse over this week. Sure after the holidays are over I'm going to have to follow through on all the things that I sighed exasperatedly about and said I would take care of after the holidays... I lost my train of thought. At least I know all of my skirts are in my closet, and my hair products look nicely arranged on my shelf. 

Yes, we did have the conversation about typing out "gasp" and the like. We were having one of our 2-feet apart Gchats. Good times. I wish we were two feet apart right now... Or maybe we are *suspicious wink.* Chuck. Yes. He got a haircut and he looks delicious. I don't like that adjective for people actually. It's mostly for food and my cats. But he looks good. With the haircut. How many things can I think of to do to avoid doing my homework? Alright. Time to go. Wish me luck. Oh Wait! Were you the one who was asking me about CommunityChannel's "Your Mum Rates Me" and I said it was in one of her videos once I didn't remember which one. I found it. Just by rewatching some of them. Lame. Okay really though. Homework time. This post has seeeeriously gone downhill. 

AND bye.  

P.S. I had my solo today! I was running late and I hopped on stage right into the song, so I didn't have time to be nervous. It went well. Go me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment