Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Best Part

The best part was the dreams I had when we got back. For about four nights, I dreamed of Europe. Cobblestone streets, delicious bakeries, colored houses, and a moderate amount of Chocolat mixed in. I woke up every morning feeling really rested and relaxed- until I remembered I had to be looking for a job. Still, I really enjoyed the time. Doing errands here and there. The nutritionist went well. I didn't have to worry at all. I lost 6 1/2 pounds this month. So yay! And I found myself inspired by the Danish and cleaned off my bike. Of course it took me a long time before riding it (today), but better than nothing and I honestly really missed the exercise we were getting walking so much around the cities.

So the news is that I got a new job! I don't even know if that needs an exclamation point, but why not. I applied at 5:45 pm on Tuesday night, got a call 15 minutes later, had an interview at 11am the next morning, and was offered the job before I got home. At that point I had to explain about Shabbat and the holidays coming up that I'll have to miss days for. I could tell they kind of wanted to back out, but they didn't, so win for Jenna! I started the next day. Crazy, right? I'm a Casting Associate (a step up) for a company called True Entertainment. The gig is about 5-6 weeks, so I'm told, so we shall see. They seem to think it's going to be really intense, but it hasn't gotten that way yet, so I'm taking it one day at a time. Including today. Because I'm working on Sundays to preemptively make up for the holidays. Hooray.

Being back at work kinda sucks if I'm honest. Apparently, no amount of time refreshes you to return to the commuter life. I really like doing nothing. Doing nothing should be a job. I should become a socialite. But the kind that doesn't have to shop and dress up for events. Just a rich person then, I guess. I should buy a lotto ticket. Daily. I also feel bad for my cat, because she's suddenly alone all day and I think she's lonely.

I went to Brooklyn for the weekend to see my friend Amanda and check out Park Slope. It was really nice, and I was surprised how distinctly different it felt from Manhattan, which is a good thing. It's all strange that I literally never go to that side of Brooklyn. I didn't go to shul, because Amanda didn't want to, so I didn't really get a sense of the community in terms of the Jewish-y things, but it was still really nice to see her.

I thought of you tonight because I was roasting veggies and remembering doing that in Oslo and Camille's warning about Olive oil. Ah well.

How is India? Are you having a nice time with the family? How is the celebration going? When are you coming home? Suddenly I realize that it's probably kind of soon. Feel free to not bowl and enjoy your time if that's what you'd like to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment