Tuesday, September 23, 2014

I dreamt of Europe

I have to say the beginning of your last post started off great. I felt like I was reading a book. Also I am extremely jealous of said dreams. It would be great to get to experience all of that again even if only in my dreams. I would also like to wake up feeling very rested and relaxed because that hasnt happened in a while but more on that later. Also great that you rode your bike! I miss my old bike, its really a shame it had to be thrown away.

So I know I congratulated you already, but seriously Yay! Mainly because I know how stressed you were before leaving for our vacation about finding a job and figuring out life post vacation so Im happy that at least partly it got figured out and that too soon. I know I certainly felt like that before I left for India too (still waiting on the figuring out part though) so I empathize with the stress. Also Im pretty sure if they backed out because of your holidays thats like a lawsuit so I dont think they would do that. And seriously that is crazy but I also think its nice for you to have a switch between being at home to working so better that it happened sooner anyways. And super yay for it being a step up! Is it super intense yet? Have you blown them away with your wit and vast knowledge of tv? I'm always blown away by it.

Doing nothing should really be a job. Like today I seriously contemplated just going in and resigning and being free. Then I realized I liked having an income so that kinda got in the way. To elaborate more on this Im kind of miserable with work at the moment. I was trying all summer to find a job different from the one Im doing (in terms of function, company, etc.) and turns out people don't want people without experience in the job they're hiring for. Go figure. I think what also has made me more frustrated is that I really thought I would find said job by end of summer and magically had my life figured out. I mean it wasn't so far fetched since vacation and apartment hunting turned out so well. But anyways, here I am back from vacations and my job is still sucks. To make matters worse, they moved me to a different part of my team and are trying to train me to do things I really don't wanna do. In one way I think its good because its really lighting the fire in terms of making me want to get out. In another way I really hate going to work everyday so thats depressing. For now Im just trying to stay positive (clearly thats working out well) and keep applying to places.

I also started actually staying at my apartment this week. I stayed here a couple nights here and there in between my trips but not actually until now (well even now its only been 2 days). The other times I stayed here it always seemed exciting and new and awesome and I was all into it. Now (maybe because I know its sorta permanent which is kind of a lie because I have a holiday this week I need to go home for anyways) Im just weirdly homesick. Its not even that I miss my parents, I miss my home. My bed and my comfort and my being away from the city for the night feeling. I know its a temporary feeling and soon enough Ill get used to it and grow to love it but for now its just adding to the overall meh-ness. I remember the first couple nights at Brett I always felt this way too. And then you moved in and all was well.

I think about Camille everytime I use OliveOil for things. I use it all the time.

India was good. It was a lot of time with family, especially during the function we had but was great to see everyone and spend time with them. My sister and I definitely underestimated what it would be like to host a function for all our relatives. Since my parents were the ones who the event was for they were pretty much tied up in the rituals the whole time which left all our complaining guests to come to us to tell us about how the AC wasn't working or how they weren't serving food yet. So yea that was stressful but a useful experience nonetheless. When that wasn't happening things were really fun. Most of our trip just revolved around the function and family politics so went by pretty fast. It was one of those vacations that made me feel like I needed a vacation to recover from it. I got a bit sick the last couple of days I was there (still getting over it now). Its weird being back because for so long my life was out of sync and its like I dont know how to put it back in sync again. Anyways I think Ive complained enough for one post so I will bid you good day here. We should get dinner sometime soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment