Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rising to the Occasion

I realized that I don't have to wait for you to post again. We didn't really make any kind of rule against double posting. Not sure why we would. The number one rule of Bowl is there are no rules. Stupid cliche. I'm writing because I said I was going to go to bed. Only I'm not tired. I got my article back- first draft on the overcrowding article- and I got a B+ which is fantastic. He said "But I thought you had this kind of talent, Jenna, and it’s coming out in a big display" in his comments to me. I'm sorry. I don't mean to obnoxiously brag, but I'm kinda glowing here. 

The semester started out with me fearing this class... knowing- just knowing- I would hate it. I began both of my assignments with two hours of "I'm terrible at this! I hate this style! I hate this format! I can't do it! This is not my strong suit!" I am just super proud of myself for challenging myself and succeeding. It's not like me to do something like that. Obviously, I'm getting ahead of myself. There's still most of the semester left and I have to keep it up, but I just wanted to tell you about the happiness in my life with this grade. Because sometimes the things you think you want aren't the things that you'll end up wanting. And sometimes htings that are hard end up being rewarding. And all that cheesy stuff. 

In other news, I can't believe this whole Chile mine thing. It's just. So. Incredible. 

Enjoy this happy Jenna. Who knows how often she visits... 

No comments:

Post a Comment