Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Nothing and Everything

I've wanted to write in here for a while. I can't believe it's been over a month since my last post. That seems a bit crazy. This summer has gone by so fast. It freaks me out. Honestly, I felt like I had a lot to say and now I'm totally blanking.

Let's start with housekeeping- we should definitely look into Spring Awakening. Let me know what I need to do for that.

How are you? How's the new job going? Apartment still good? Honestly it feel like I just asked you these questions, but turns out, it was a month ago... What have you been busying yourself with these days? I mean other than work. Fun things. What fun things?

My mom has been in St. Louis since last Tuesday, so I've just been sort of hanging out. My project for this week was to watch the Lord of the Rings Trilogy, which I've been meaning to do for a while and which actually seemed like an attainable goal under the circumstances. I'm about half way done with the last one, which is saying a lot since it is 4 HOURS LONG, and the other two weren't much shorter than that. It's insane. Especially since the last one actually one the Best Picture Oscar I believe (too lazy to google that. might check later. Probably won't come back to correct it).

Also, I've been reading a bit. I finished Everything I Never Told You. It was really good and really very impressive in the way that the story snuck up on you. Like you were looking at all of these puzzle pieces that you didn't realize were there until they all start falling into this larger picture. I will say though, that it was a stressful book. It genuinely made me anxious reading all of the expectations and the pressure that they put on Lydia, thinking that they were making her life better and giving her freedom, and also reading about how the failures in communication just made everything worse.

Anyway, that gave me a week or so of heart palpitations. Fun stuff. Then I started reading The Martian, which I'd been wanting to read for a while. It's stressful in a different way, but also very clever and a lot of fun. I'm not done with it yet, but I do seriously recommend it. I think I might have it on Ebook even though I've been reading a real copy. Let me know if you're interested and I'll see if I can dig it up and send it to you.

Another thing I've done is watch some Community Channel videos. She is still funny. And I watched a British show on Netflix called Scrotal Recall, which is way more sweet and adorable than it sounds. Plus, right now I'm watching a somewhat underrated movie that I've seen three times except apparently (I'm now realizing) I've never seen the beginning. Weird. So yeah, you caught me. I've been doing very little. This summer, post-trip, has been rough for me, and honestly it's been hard finding the energy to do things. I'm pretty proud though, I washed my sheets today. It's amazing how much having fresh clean sheets or clothes or a floor can help clear up your mind. I need to clean my floor. Maybe tomorrow. Except I actually have plans tomorrow! I'm getting my birth certificate Authenticated, then meeting some friends for lunch. Not sure what my plan is after that but let me know if you're free and then if I'm still around maybe we can have dinner.

Here are some fun cartoons. Later. http://www.buzzfeed.com/h2/fbpt/andyneuenschwander/these-hilarious-harry-potter-comics-show-how-irresponsible-d?bffb=&utm_term=4ldqpgp#.nvZkZ488p


No comments:

Post a Comment