Wednesday, August 19, 2015

And finally

So glad you bowled! Ive honestly been meaning to bowl for a really long time now but by the time I get home its too late and I don’t have my laptop on the weekends and it just goes on like that. Perhaps we should try migrating this over to wordpress so I can access from work. That would really make the timings of me posting much faster…but we would lose the whole look/url thing so meh. Tradeoffs you know.

I agree that its crazy its been a month. Where does the time go. Where did this summer go. Questions I have no answer to.

Spring Awakening- yes to that. Broadway week tickets are out now so we could do that or use your mom’s code either way not that cheap. Just needs to be after Sept 2nd

Speaking of Sept 2nd that is when my test is. Did I tell you that I have to take these tests for work? Well if not I have to take 3 of them and the first one is scheduled for sept 2nd. The material is not hard per se its just a lot of it. Pretty much a full finance major squeezed into a test. Ive been taking classes starting last week on Tuesdays and Thursday. Its ends next week so not too bad but still not really helping me freak out any less. In one way its nice that this is a test I am taking for work because people keep asking me when it is and give me tips and tell me what to study. On the other hand it’s the WORST that it’s a test for work because literally everyday people ask me what chapter im on and when my test is scheduled and have I taken any practice tests yet because I really should be scoring 90s on the practice tests if I want to make sure I pass the real one. If that sounds exhausting its because it is. Im trying to be grateful and not stress out too much because it is great that I even get to take this test. Honestly there are many out there who want to but they cant because their firm wont sponsor them. But it just feels like Im behind and I really need to pass so I can prove myself to my coworkers who don’t really know me and don’t know what to think about how smart I am. I don’t know maybe Im overreacting. On the days I don’t have class Ive been staying late at work to study so I can focus. The upside of this is that I get free dinner so Ive been eating a lot of sushi. And everytime I eat sushi I always think..its so much more fun to eat sushi with Jenna.

Other than that madness work is actually quite good. I don’t hate what Im doing so that’s a start and my manager is really great. I feel like once Im done studying and taking tests I can properly focus on what Im doing because now I feel constantly distracted by having to study. But still an improvement to what was before so good to know all my troubles the past year were not in vain.

So all of that should really answer your question on the fun things. I have been doing no fun things. Well that’s not entirely true, I spent a weekend in the city because my mom went to Ohio for my cousin’s graduation so that was fun.  The baby (and my sister) are staying with my mom for a week since Sri is away for a conference so I got to spend the weekend with her in my house which was like the best of both worlds. She’s doing fun things like cooing and latching onto her toes and smiling wisely now so that’s always nice to be around. Anytime you feel like seeing a picture let me know because I only have about a million of them.

I totally understand what you mean about Everything I never told you being a stressful book. It was heavy. But I really loved the way all the family tensions were woven in and just the irony of how much pressure they were putting on Lydia while thinking they were giving her everything they themselves never had. The crazy thing is that’s not even an entirely novel theme. I feel like parents pining their hopes and dreams on their kids is something that is known but the way it was captured in this book (especially with the element of culture involved) was just…great. A book that has given me anxiety is Dangerous Girls. If it sounds stupid and teenagey its because part of it is. But…its definitely worth a read. Be warned though it did really creep me out.

Whats weird is that even despite the studying Ive been maintaining good habits like going to the gym and reading and making my bed. Its almost like the discipline that studying requires is forcing discipline in other parts of my life. I just wish I could enjoy it.

Anyways, enough about me. I think part of the reason this post took so long for me to write is because after our last meeting/conversation I kept wanting to come up with a solution for you. I realize you don’t need me to solve anything but still I could understand your frustration all too well and it was one of those things where I was like there HAS to be something that can be done here. I think I still do feel that way a bit because I genuinely believe that action leads to more action. Like how theres all these studied on how making your bed in the morning lead you to be 20% more productive during the day. Ok fine so I made up the percentage but the study is real! Its like washing your sheets made you feel.
And I guess the reason why Im saying all this is because I know you have the potential to do what you set your mind to do (it’s the setting the mind that’s the hard part). Like youre completely right when you say I could have a successful blog or a job in publishing or tv because you CAN actually do those things and do it WELL. Like actually well. Maybe I am just so sure of your success that Im in a rush for you to get to it. I was never good at the whole patience thing. Ok so I rambled on a bit but I hope that made sense. 

Anyway Im guessing the birth certificate getting authenticated  has something to do with Austria so that’s exciting! I really want to have a trip at the end of this year. Nay I deserve to have a trip at the end of this year. Whats weird is that a lot of people on my social media have been going to Peru lately. Ofcourse that makes me want to go to Argentina or Bolivia instead ( well I still gotta do the machu pichu thing but aside from that). So hopefully that will work out. End of the year is always busier and faster (which seems insane at this point) but I will elect to stay positive.

A weird thing I have to confess is that Ive been writing this whole post in a british accent. Like when I say what Im writing out in my mind its been in a british accent. Im not sure why it just is.

So I cant get dinner tomorrow because I have class but we should definitely plan something after my first test. Im not sure what my schedule for the subsequent tests will be yet but I think I can have a little break somewhere in there.





No comments:

Post a Comment