Friday, December 24, 2010

You're leavin. On a large plane.

Hi :)

Shabbos starts in about twenty ish minutes so I have a limited amount of time but I wasn't sure if I'd get to post tomorrow night so I wanted to post again before you leave because it's apparently the only thing I can be productive at. (Thought I am now nearly caught up on four different shows...) That being said I hope today wasn't too much of a drag with all of the moving and packing and moving back and unpacking (hopefully not down to you). I have unpacked mostly except i didn't bring hangers home so my hanging stuff is... on a pile on the floor still. But the good news is that the cats have not yet gotten to it. By that I mean they have not yet elected to spread cat hair allll over it.

Yesterday my mom felt like doing something so we said maybe we would play a game and then she fell asleep on the couch after we'd been watching TV for about five minutes. Because of my boredom and the lack of sleep that comes hand in hand with going to sleep really late and waking up at ten something, I fell asleep on the couch for an hour and woke up in a foul mood and with a headache, which was unpleasant to say the least.

Allison H. stopped by today. Haven't seen her in a while so that was lovely. Plus she baked us some challah. Sweeeeet. She's seeing someone. I guess that's really the update of the day. My update for her was something like the $1 gloves (still a good deal, but you can understand why the two really don't compare). I don't know why people have to be so awkward. She practically whispered it to me, averting her eyes like she was unexpectedly slipping me top secret nuclear codes and someone had bugged my house in Queens. Is it embarrassing to tell people you are in a relationship? Is this because it's just awkward to tell people or because it's weird to be in a new relationship at all? Is it because i'm not in one? Is it because I don't know him? I don't know... I was happy for her for I think a full minute before thinking of myself. (This is significant because I think How I Met Your Mother only gives people 30 seconds- so it proves my selflessness.) Truth is I don't see Alli that much so it affects me minimally if at all... until she starts growing up or thinking about engagement. Sigh. In any case i really am happy for her. Not sure why I'm more happy for her than I usually am for the people I know in relationships so I'll spend Shabbos over-analyzing that. TTFN Ta Ta For Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment